Song of the Week: Quin - "THE BEGINNING"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i.scdn.co/image/33c60b8e4e8c25632162be7991cde350d9aa2b7f

Dream girl Quin ensnared me with her murmur singing style from jump on The Beginning. And if this is a mere sample of what her fantasy sounds like, I'm desperately searching to become a permanent voyager.

The Beginning's first breaths come as aqueous, blockish chords being met by Quin's nebulous vocals that fill the space of the track to the brim. There is no room for rest between lines because of that echo, so her voice registers as nothing but ambient and pleasurable. Her harmonizing background vocals, rhythm keeping verse and chorus produce a sensory appetizing atmosphere. And all over a gnarly drum break/four-on-the-floor rhythm pattern relationship that keeps The Beginning's production in a state of reserved groove.

Quin's The Beginning shocked me when I first heard it. I wasn't expecting a track of duality. The music shows out while the vocal performance confides in itself. The Beginning is a great beginning to jump into Quin's musical space. I promise you won't regret the leap.

Listen to The Beginning below.

Lead Photo Cred: spotify.com
               

Comments