Song of the Week: Phantom Thrett - "Wonderfool"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000045611053-6lsklg-t500x500.jpg

I left my featured Song of the Week's existence in obscurity for some time now. But there's been an influx of great older music that doesn't fit into the day-to-day relevancy that comes with music journalism. And with that being said, after re-tooling the idea, I bring y'all my first song of the week in months -- Phantom Thrett - Wonderfool.

The three-year-old song from Phantom Thrett is a sonic pocket of esteem. Phantom leads the track with verses that at a few instances reminded me of 50 Cent's 21 Questions, only they are completely personalized questions to the self. And Phantom Thrett's style is totally his own. The excerpt from Wonderfool's hook of "I deserve to be happy, and I owe that to my damn self/ put my smile on" is like a self-help mantra. And that feeling sticks to you, increasingly so when he pushes the message to us in the hook. It's beautiful. His harmonizing makes you feel glorious in your weirdness. At least it did for me. The loop.holes produced beat shines happiness from the schmoozing bassline to the inclusive strums and sprite hi-hats. Wonderfool's sound is soft and leading on this walk towards feeling better about yourself. There needs to be more music like this. It's an escape to an eventual permanent place.

Wonderfool is an encouraging song. I've kept it in a loop since I found out about it yesterday. And I hope this is the case for all who listen.

Listen to Wonderfool below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
        

Comments