Listen Up! Run The First Rebel Music Radio Episode w/ Thelonious Martin

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000186753466-cth1c9-t500x500.jpg

Sweet Christmas! We are now tuned into Rebel Music Radio. And right out the gate we've got a Thelonious Martin interview/mix that has me buggin. Outside of my own playlists, I couldn't experience better musical bliss.

The over one hour long episode opens with Madlib's iconic instrumental for MF DOOM's classic Accordion. Hearing that beat had me hooked instantly. Then enters the first track on the mix, Slum Village's masterfully smooth cut Fall In Love. Hearing the ineffable Jay Dee production was like a relaxing sea. The song title speaks for itself in reflection to Thelonious Martin's mix. I'm falling in love with the music. I swore KMD or something was coming next with how underground they were getting. These are some of my favorite joints from the GOATS of the game. I don't want to spoil the entire mix for you, but just expect lanes of soul, divots of funk, prolific raps, seemingly flawless transitions and more. There's some of Thelonious Martin's own production and other various flips of tracks that are his favorites.

Coming off the height and excitement of Marvel's Luke Cage, I'd say this mix is an appropriate relative. For me this mix rides with an inspired groove. I heard the clear blackness in the music. I learned new songs I'm all the better for hearing.

In the words of Thelonious Martin, "I like my music like I like my food -- quality." And as such, I have to add music true to the artistry by artists having respect towards the craft. I love music like I'm a music artist. I study/listen to the music of legends in all genres like I'm prepping for courses. I live to breath music. Rebel Music Radio: Thelonious Martin episode one represents real music and it was damn good.

Listen to Rebel Music Radio: Thelonious Martin for Saint Alfred below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
  

Comments