Boogie Powerfully Displays His Pain in His "Nigga Needs" Visuals

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks



I call for immediate rap repentance! My lateness to Boogie and his entire musical wave is unacceptable. I'm kicking myself for not listening to such an intriguing sound coming out of the west coast. But luckily, the visuals for Boogie's Thirst 48 Part II track Nigga Needs refuses to fall on deaf ears in a symbolic shout I saw speaking a language of plight.

Boogie's conceptual Nigga Needs visuals are what I'd proclaim as -- artistically checked in reality. We see a miniature Boogie staged in his own exhibit, existing in an all-white art museum, from the people to the walls. White people observe him with a bullet to the abdomen, looking bruised and battered as he holds his daughter. Other frigidly real visuals proceed to link up with the bars in such a revealing way.

Let me be frank: hearing Boogie's first few struggle woven bars in the first verse opens up wounds. "Talking empty homes with a fridge in it/ Talking juice cartons with a sip in it/ Talking ham sandwich with the chips in it I admit nigga/ I'm a food stamp popping white tee rocking swap meet shopping." These lines, dope as they are, couple with Boogie's pain on full display. It shows white people's tendency to preview black people, our pain, our struggle or our situation as entertainment of sorts. I saw it as these people are watching Boogie go through this, but not listening to him. I can't stop watching what I've just seen. I can't skim past what's being rapped about, what's being sung about.

Boogie - Nigga Needs on an audio and visual level added more to a reality I know being black. This is some way to get put on game to an artist. These visuals are a must-see. Boogie is a cold artist and I hope y'all get what I got out of this.

Watch the Nigga Needs Display below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com

Video Cred: youtube.com             

     

Comments