Pro Era's Animated Honor to Capital STEEZ, "Herban Legend" Means the Most

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks





Anything involving Capital STEEZ deserves a 24-hour minimum grace period to absorb all that is presented. In my mind, all things STEEZ related are extraordinarily bittersweet. As happy of an occasion it is to live in the time of material being added to our pro's legend, there's a collective seat taken On Melancholy Hill.

Even being given that seat, the new set of animated visuals entitled Herban Legend motioned to the great bars dusted off from the vault, (that I remember hearing in the Union Square NYC Cypher a few years back,) gave me an incandescent soul. The visuals run through some top career moments like the panda ski from the Survival Tactics video. Seeing it places me in the iconic nostalgic space of the 2012 and on years. Capital's verse is still in my running for top 10 verses. He kicks a galaxy of punchlines I'll never forget. "I'm in Marty McFly mode so tell em' that the future's back/ Riding on hover boards, wiping out motherboards/ stopped spittin' fire cause my motherfuckin lung is scorched/ King Arthur when he swung his sword/ a king author I ain't even use a pen in like a month or four." That excerpt of a bar being one of my all time favorites. But the flashes of Pro Era members like CJ Fly, Dirty Sanchez, Kirk Knight, Joey Bada$$ etc. showed me that they're all still rockin' in solidarity with their proverbial spiritual commander/PE co-founder. It was beautiful.

Above all, seeing an animated "Louis Vuitton Genghis Khan" brought a whole lot of comfort. Hearing the upper echelon of clever bars again was calming. I miss the gorgeous, too natural to fathom flow Capital STEEZ had. I miss the fearlessness in his cadence. I miss his honesty. I miss the messages. I miss the anti-materialistic lines, like the aforementioned Louis Vuitton one. I miss seeing the Basquiat crown chillin' over his head or with the 3rd eye centered inside it. Capital STEEZ had unfair skill as an MC and an eccentric vision as a whole. His minutiae rhymes always found a way to resonate with me, and this reminded me of the elation and anticipation surrounding a STEEZ drop. That Kirk Knight beat, pumping some real punchy beat-box boom-bap type sh*t in the drums was felt right in the heart. Kirk's pulsating cyber-batting keys gave Herban Legend an awesome Sci-Fi atmosphere and made the visuals pop with more vibrancy through my eyes. These visuals, the song -- it couldn't get anymore personal or greater than this. So I thank Pro Era, the family of Capital STEEZ and everyone affiliated who gave this to us. As a fan, it's exactly what was needed.

Watch Herban Legend below.

#LongLiveSteelo

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com

Video Cred: youtube.com

                  
       

Comments