New Music: SiR - "Cadillac Dreams" ft. Big K.R.I.T. (Prod. by J. LBS & D.K. the Punisher)

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000165745620-4k77f0-t500x500.jpg

If you recall SiR and producer J. LBS (Jason Pounds) and their profound impact on Jay Rock's slept on titan of an album 90059 as well as I do, then you know how exceptional a new collab between the two would be. Now that it's a reality with Cadillac Dreams, my statement alone is an understatement when that collab grows to include Big K.R.I.T. and the molder of Justin Bieber's best song We Are, produced by D.K. the Punisher. And to humor myself, in the hope that they may read this, I would like them to know they all unequivocally made a fantastic song that this fan -- yours, truly -- can't get enough of.

Cadillac Dreams is such a beast right off the jump. J.LBS and D.K. the Punisher's production is like a work horse that won't quit, with a clink sound like a clashing hammer hitting hard as steel. The sound works quickly at infusing extensive amounts of fire into the song. Their peppered drums and canned kicks ride so smoothly together. There's a silky groove and bounce living in every fiber of the beat. The music got me moving. I found my swing real quick. And it made SiR's vocals pop in a special way.

SiR's vocals remind me of Raphael Saadiq a bit, only SiR is completely a talent all his own. SiR just sings with such a poetic tone, and like Raphael Saadiq he's a whiz at describing. SiR truly took us to what it's like to see this chocolate skin, dark haired, brown eyed beauty in his cadillac dreams. It's dope, I legit copped a new feel around the beauty and alluring power black queens have. And I think it's reached by how beautifully SiR sings it with the airiness to his voice. When Cadillac Dreams hits me sonically a word cloud image is created from the lyrics. And that speaks to the artistry.

Big K.R.I.T., to no surprise, champions everything SiR did with his verse. K.R.I.T.'s flow aligns with that deep wobbled synth and brings these cadillac dreams, this love to reality. Big K.R.I.T.'s verse to me really played out everything that was going on in this purple dusted dream state. You get a feel for the appreciated subtleties of having a rider like this girl. I love it. Cadillac Dreams is such a damn good song. It shows SiR is coming. And I advise everyone to get with it because this is just the beginning.

Listen to Cadillac Dreams below.
           
          

Comments