New Music: Derin Falana - "West" (Prod. by Jahmal Gittens) is a Must Listen


https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000169309694-7c1lrj-t500x500.jpg

Derin Falana is back at it again! Falana is back supplying runaway bangin' track after bangin' track. And to come fresh off his very good project Live From Rocky Mountain, and drop this memorably addictive Jahmal Gittens-produced joint West has this fan convinced Derin Falana is here to stay. Now it's only a matter of time until he blows up.

In Derin's own words, "This sh*t so f***ing hard!" Derin Falana's West is such a good song that feels so damn good to listen to. Jahmal Gittens' beat (with the River Tiber sample) immediately states the grip it has. The play rehearsal motions his prancing chord progression goes through with those eerily sweet vocals remind me of cartoon animals singing in a Disney movie. There's this imagination driving the sound that produces a kind of magic. And the drum drop is mean and gives me that jugg I was waiting for. His kicks have a pop to them that pump some energy in the track. And of course to piece everything together Gittens' needled 808s (rolling and single ticking) psst and sting through West that in my opinion brings this gritty uphill feeling. There's a cool competitive aggression in the sound and that fuels Derin Falana to kill it in the way that he does.

Derin Falana's vocals are definitely some of my favorite out. I can't wait until he's in the conversation with the Bryson Tiller's of the world, but that's beside the point. Derin, just like the 808s, has that competitive nature behind his sound here. His vocals, those ad-libs, it all sounds so good and it makes you want to dance, his voice has its own choreography, but within the makeup of his lyrics the determination stands out to me. His comparison to the Spurs tells me he's looking towards the dynasty. And that attitude is why West is memorable for me. Yeah, it's a damn good song that I like a lot, but Derin Falana's West makes me want to push the grind to the next level. And walking away from music with something extra along with a new song in the playlist is always held in high regard to me.

Listen to West below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
             

Comments