Latest Music: Villz - "Drugs" ft. Pusha T (Prod. by Syk Sense & Fademajah)

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000169278304-tya73m-t500x500.jpg

Once I saw Villz's track Drugs come with a Pusha T feature set to Syk Sense's production, with additional production from Fademajah, I knew I had to give it a listen. And all I can say is who knew romance and drugs could marry so sweetly.

Villz's Drugs caught me off guard. With the song's opening, I thought I'd be getting a banger; instead, I get a slow grind-paced tale of lover's addiction that makes for a real cool song. Syk Sense and Fademajah constructed a sick beat for this. Their introductory chords have a spine-tingling sound to them. The snaps add an extra flare of movement to the imploding bass, which in turn heightens the sound of the warped synthy snappiness in their drums and 808s that echo like an ice skate carving its first icy layer. It's a cool sound that is at constant work, heightening Villz's vocals as well.

Villz's vocals sound completely enthralled with the girl he's singing about. The auto-tune applied to his voice brings that zooted lens through sound alone, while his passion-infused lyrics let you know it's her that he's high on. I liked it. I thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual druggy songs out there. The sentiment remains as King Push lays his verse down.

There is no better MC to have than Pusha T on this song. Leave it to Push to not drop a single predicable bar about metaphorical drugs. His raps here still give that pusherman/dealer grittiness, but it carries a sweetness along with it. I felt the connection being relayed throughout the song. Push's word play and rhyming ability here is a rap moment to be valued because it also wraps the song up nicely.

Drugs is a sweet songs at its core. I enjoyed the pairing of producers and artists on it. I can't help but think about how crazy it would've been with a Big Sean verse added, but that's purely a music fanatic's thinking on my part. All I hope is we'll be hearing more collabs from a combination of the four (or all four) in the near future.

Listen to Drugs below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
                    

Comments