Letty's "Letty Set Go" Podcast is Back! And I Couldn't Be Happier

https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000175548324-tf3sce-t500x500.jpg

Letty Set Go is back and I couldn't be happier!

I personally shine Letty in the light of a noted voice in today's hip hop. Letty knows how to be that reliable bridge from the artist to the everyday fan like us, while still being a fan herself. Letty was without a doubt our eyes and ears into the Dreamville camp in a sense. During J. Cole's Forest Hills Drive Tour, she was our way into staying connected with Cole. She was that bridge that kept us engaged with one of the greatest tours in hip hop. That means the world to me. I've loved Cole since 09, so to feel that close to the process spoke volumes. The artist and radio personality relationship is a lost art. The way she was involved and relayed everything had reminiscent moments of a Angie Martinez and Hov type relationship, in my opinion. A mutual respect for the others field was present. Along with trust, I believe. Letty is someone who represents the culture beautifully, showing pure love for it in a respectful way, and that resonates with me on multiple sides of the spectrum. Without hip hop, there is no me. I heard this same type of mindset, this equal level of love and affection for the music that raised us in her Letty Set Go podcast. Every single time.

The musical banter was incredible. The life lessons she'd hope to impart from day to day were inspiring. What Letty accomplishes I have tremendous respect for. I hope to one day soon chop it up with her about music: old and new. Her voice alone is a joy to listen to. When she stopped doing the podcast about five months ago a void was created. There was no longer this energetic personality swarming around the honest musical rapport she had with her listeners. There aren't many hip hop podcasts where the listener feels entirely engaged in the conversation with someone who comes across as invested in our opinions -- Letty Set Go was and is that podcast. It's a fun podcast that serves great courses of musical food for thought. Her welcome back episode, Letty's Back, digs right in, reminding me of a line from Bas' verse in Cousins, where he says "we missin ya/even tho you gone/your thought alone can lift us up." Luckily the gravity of the lyric doesn't apply here, but you're savvy. You catch my drift. We didn't have Letty for a good minute, but her voice and what she imparted prior was still there.

Somehow we got through those dark days. And all I know is I'm glad Letty's back.

Listen to Letty's first Podcast episode back below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
              

Comments