Latest Sounds: Joyce Wrice - "Do You Love Me" (Prod. by Mndsgn)

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000163073074-fo6rz0-t500x500.jpg

I am a big Joyce Wrice fan. I have yet to come across a song of hers that I do not like. And her latest song, Do You Love Me (prod. by Mndsgn), is no exception. I love it.

I find absolute peace in every fiber of Do You Love Me's production and Joyce's vocal performance. Mndsgn's production is inviting and warrants such strong feelings of love. Mndsgn's increasingly funky baseline lives in a familiar sound and space that reside in 70's Motown. His floaty closed hi-hat taps smoothly brush over the track nearly undetectable. And those drums are so delicate that they don't have a knock or hit; they softly pop throughout the song, bringing forth butterflies from falling in love for the first time. The song feels like summer. It sounds lovely and fresh. Joyce Wrice gives all the feelings and emotions that comes with falling in love a purpose for existing.

Joyce Wrice sounds amazing. I always find extreme comfort in her soothing and loving vocals. There's a delicate loving inflection that is heard when a mother sings to her child, and she sounds so invested in the love, an unexplainable force that she solely wants reciprocated. I felt in love. I thought Joyce gorgeously puts these emotions into her music. The lyrics, the way they were sung and the beat feel special and reminded me of the 'black love' flicks from the late 90's/early 2000 movies (Love and Basketball, anyone?). Do You Love Me is music about the love that you want to find one day, just like in those movies. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I thank Joyce Wrice and Mndsgn for this effort. I hope they make more great music in the future.

Listen to Do You Love Me below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
       
 

Comments