New Sounds: graves - "eh"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000150948899-1uoc7f-t500x500.jpg

Ashanti's Foolish is already a great song. I'd call it a classic song. Foolish successfully uses the sample of Biggie's classic One More Chance, underscoring how memorable and iconic early 2000's music was and how lovely Ashanti sounds on it. But I absolutely love how graves remixed it on his new track eh.

He completely made the hook and first verse of Foolish fit into today's production and his style of producing so well that if I didn't know any better, I would have swore this song dropped today. Graves revitalizes Ashanti's vocals by throwing this dope effect on them that sounds like they're a silhouette of the original. He reworks the beat with some punchy drums that threw this joint right in the club for me. Graves keeps eh and Ashanti's lyrics in a confusing love spiral space by softening the entire track with this gorgeous progression of  keyboard chords that captures the love Ashanti sings about merely with the pure sound of it. And the light 808s chugging away underneath everything took me right back to hearing Foolish on the radio. It reignited that special time for music by still sounding completely fresh. It's so dope and the track truly got me excited about music all over again. So hats off to graves. Dude kills it every time. I'm just beyond eager to hear what's next.

Listen to eh & Foolish below.

      

Comments