Big K.R.I.T's "So Bad" Inspires & Chases The Brightest of Dreams

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000154653456-gic9w3-t500x500.jpg

I'll never understand why Big K.R.I.T. is so slept on. It genuinely makes me mad because the level of music K.R.I.T. makes most will never come close to creating. He belongs to a unique breed of artists/producers, and I genuinely want as many people as possible to know about his music. Especially his new joint So Bad. It's absolutely amazing.

So Bad (prod. by Big K.R.I.T.) dropped yesterday and I'm kicking myself for just hearing it today. Big K.R.I.T. is spitting the truth on this song. He's spitting from the mind of a dreamer, with the weight of the world on his shoulders from being the non-stop grinder that he is and it's impeccable. His verse has so much heart and soul in it. K.R.I.T. simply raps about how bad he wants it, pleading his case that he'll make all his dreams come true. And that dope splash of true feelings spilling onto this canvas connects with the underdogs, the underrated and the unappreciated so well that it made me want to work harder right along with K.R.I.T. After hearing this I never want to give up, no matter how little my work is noticed. The way his bars and his lovely addictive hook are backed by these inspiring whiny high-pitched vocals that match the sound of the sped up sampled Lenny Williams vocals from Cause I Love You -- that was synonymous with Kanye West's mid 2000's production locked in my mind. I thought it gave So Bad that classic 2000's music space to exist in with the fresh gritty south sound that comes with Big K.R.I.T's music through the filthy knock of his drums ready to bust through the speakers, and his diligent clock ticking 808s. It sounded great. So Bad has such a uniquely familiar sound and I love it.

Not only Big K.R.I.T.'s words, but the beat itself is so inspiring and they resonate the message of hard work right to my soul effectively through his stories and the paths he's taken. K.R.I.T.'s So Bad is great music and it needs to be heard. I guarantee you'll be a fan afterwards if you aren't already one.

Listen to So Bad below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
           

Comments