Joey Bada$$ Aims Higher Than World Domination on "Ready"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000148237764-f1nw0l-t500x500.jpg

My god, the Badmon is ready for world domination with his new joint Ready. My dude Joey Bada$$'s new Statik Selektah-produced song has Joey throwin' more punches than just at paparazzi. He's coming for everybody.

I've been a fan of Joey for a long time, and I haven't heard this level of ascendancy in his bars before. Joey Bad is making it crystal that he's built an empire at a younger age than most people would be able to. Joey is beyond ready for world domination on this dope-ass song. That fact alone is something that needs to be respected on all levels of the spectrum. Joey is more than a rapper. Joey Bada$$ is on the Hov path, destined to being more than a businessman but a businesses, man. Each fact Joey states on this track represents that movement. Ready actually makes me fear for those on the rival side of Pro Era, those that get on Joey Bada$$'s bad side. In my opinion, no one has a stronger connection to the youth than Joey and Pro Era (and Beast Coast). Bada$$ connects with my generations age as a collective. Only a couple of years older than me, he could have been someone I went to high school with so he has his hand in what we want. He is the youth, he is the heartbeat of the culture. He knows what will work and what won't and he knows how to take this type of dynasty he and Capital STEEZ (R.I.P STEELO) started to the next level. And I can't wait. I know Ready is bigger than music. Of course the song is fire. Statik's beat to me is like he took the mentality of a championship boxer and turned it into a beat. Statik's bells are killer and my favorite part of the beat. Joey's attitude and flow on this jawn displays some his nastiest, most threatening demeanor I think he's ever had on a song. And it makes me so happy to hear. I love seeing the level that Joey Bada$$ is at. It's like seeing Goku reach Super Saiyan god for the first time. But I felt it necessary to make sure y'all are ready for this takeover before I let the music truly speak for itself.

So get ready. Bump this track below. And then make the right decision. Because after you listen, you're either with Joey or you're not.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

   

Comments