DJ Orange Calderon's "SWISH (MIX)" is Juicy!





The year 2016 is turning out to be a very blessed year. I've finally found a modern day DJ I can ride for, a DJ that doesn't keep mixing the same stale tracks that are on the radio, and that DJ is the unbelievably stunning DJ Orange Calderón.

DJ Orange Calderón's latest SWISH (MIX) is one I had to spin again after my first listen. She opens SWISH with a sample of a cold-blooded Kobe Bryant speech that sets this mix up to topple all existing ones. Then she jumps right in with the heat of the Tilly remix to Kanye West's Fade. It already had me lit, creating this electric, beach party type atmosphere from the jump, all the way till 3X In a Row by TK-N-Cash. By the next song, Back Up Off Me by Dej Loaf, I thought SWISH sounded like it would be mad fitting for a house party. Taking on a live basement grind all night feel for a while (before later slowing it down with Gallant x Jhene Aiko's Skippin Stones, as well as Gold by Kiiara) causing SWISH's tone shift again, feeling like an intimate slow dance on the beach to end a great night. The mix is awesome. SWISH slam dunks the experience of the highs of a party without going to one. DJ Orange for real has a wide range of songs on this mix that is for everybody, from A$AP Ferg x Future's New Level (my main jawn Travis Scott's A-Team and Lil Uzi Vert's Top) to Beyonce's fantastic social injustices rumbling banger Formation, The Internet x KAYTRANADA's Girl and the classic Drake track Make Me Proud. She covers music on most sides of the spectrum to the point I couldn't pin a specific coast she's appealing to. At times I felt an East Coast vibe, then West Coast, then a strong southern Atlanta or Texas vibe breezed through. Orange Calderóne worked with music synonymous with each region's sound to collectively channel good vibes and I loved hearing that. This SWISH (MIX) is diversity among music and if you ask me, it takes a damn good DJ to do that.

But, what truly had me falling in love with DJ Orange Calderóne (besides at first sight) and her mix was hearing Joyce Wrice's Love Made Me, King Chip's Brand New H#es and Isaiah Rashad's Smile -- all songs I love. All songs I think go way under many people's radars. Songs that DJ's might not take the time to add into a mix, given they aren't huge records. And I appreciate the appreciation DJ Orange Calderóne clearly has for good music on this mix, as well as the huge banger club- type records. But straight up, so y'all can get to this fire, it's dope as hell and I love it. This is the first mix I've heard from DJ Orange Calderóne, but I like the way she samples. I like the songs she picked and that fire cover art that makes my heart drop. Her beat-matching transitions are cold, they were like shots of adrenaline for each track. I definitely advise everyone that reads this to mess with SWISH and any future mix from DJ Orange Calderóne. Who I'm proud to say is my DJ. *Que the KobeSystem: Level 6 BEASTION sample*.

Listen to SWISH (MIX) below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com
        

Comments