Sylvan Lacue & Linzi Jai Create a World About Love with Their New Track "Caravan 04"



I missed writing about the last two Sylvan Lacue (formerly known as QuESt) songs "The Watcher 3" and "Studio City". They were both fantastic songs that I just wanted to enjoy in solitude as a fan, but I have to share his latest release "Caravan 04".

The track featuring Linzi Jai is produced by Fortune and gives us that awesome real time story telling that Sylvan puts in his music. The very first thing that jumped out at me in "Caravan 04" is the beat. Especially the chord-like intro and hyper world-creating drums. Something about the way that chord sound transitioned into the synths and the way the drums knock sets up an entire scenario of two people falling in and out of love in my mind. The uncontrollable 808s and the synths that always manifest in the beat are like wind. One can't hear them until they listen and acknowledge they're there, bringing this weird tragic element to the story Sylvan is trying to tell. I interpreted it like the problems in a relationship become to big to ignore. Problems are present just like the wind and just like the synths. It gives "Caravan 04" a dual role of being someone's love song or break-up song, whether it was intended or not. And I think that's dope, and it makes the song able to reach a broader audience.

The true magic, however, is Lacue's verses and Linzi Jai's wonderful chorus. Each of Sylvan's verses took me into his life at the time he's rapping from. He spits about different places he took this girl, encounters he's had, conversations and thoughts about the entire situation of meeting the one for you. I've always thought Sylvan Lacue was one of the best story tellers we have today. He showed that on "Searching Sylvan" -my pick for best mixtape of 2014 and my pick hasn't changed. He spits with so much passion and has such a loving flow that there is no way that someone listening to this song won't feel anything. It is without a doubt up there with his best verses. And Linzi Jai really brings the song full circle. He sings in such a reflective way that it adds to bringing us back to 04. The repeating lines of  "You the only one that I roll wit" sums up the song and was a perfect way to end it. His words brings us into the present and we see that is precisely how they're rollin'. It's great.

I absolutely love this song. It's addictive and it's truthful. It's good rapping and good singing. His forthcoming "E V A N G E L I N E [EP]" is going to be great. So wise up and look out for that December 18th.

Listen to "Caravan 04" below.

Lead Photo Cred: complex.com
                 

Comments