Lil B Shows and Receives More Love with "In Love with the BasedGod" (with A$AP Rocky)



 

Lil B really is one of my favorite people of all time. He invents different things that pushes the  culture forward. He's about love and positivity. And more importantly, he's hilarious. Things always seem better once you fully accept THE BASEDGOD into your life and show him love like he'll show you. And that's what I've got to do with this article about his latest song/video "In Love with the BasedGod" (a remix of O.T. Genasis' "CoCo").

The new song/video (with A$AP Rocky) is literally Lil B showing love to himself, fans, A$AP and a handful of different cities. He exchanges the 'I'm in love with the Coco' hook with of course 'I'm in love with the BasedGod' and I'm not gonna lie, I like this hook a lot better. The way it's delivered is basically the same, but something about it is more catchy. Maybe it's because loving BasedGod is more universally experienced and easier to do than with the original hook. Whatever the reasoning behind it, I enjoyed it. Lil B's verse is what truly cracked me up in this remix. His wordplay always makes me ask myself why would someone think of that and more enjoyment comes out of that for me. The visuals while "In Love with the BasedGod" was playing were also fun.

Seeing Pretty Flacko and Pretty B*tch perform together, all the antics behind the scenes and BasedGod's interactions with his fans gave everything a dope realness and appreciation from artist to fan and vice versa. This gave insight as to why people love Lil B and A$AP Rocky, and I totally get the attempt to invite more people to jump on their wagon. A$AP is top three out for me and Lil B is just great. Once you accept what he is and what he's trying to do you can see the intelligence in it and respect it. I see it in "In Love with the BasedGod" and it has me more than curious for "Thugged Out Pissed Off". Well done, BasedGod. We love you.

Listen/watch "In Love with the BasedGod" below.

Lead Photo Cred: pigeonsandplanes.com/genius.com

        

Comments