Damacha's New Song (Beat) "nothing to write home about mane" Creates Worlds Only Created by Movies



I've been listening to beat tapes and different single instrumental tracks pretty heavy lately. There's something about pure instrumentals that lets your mind wonder, it makes my enjoyment of the music solely based off the way it makes me feel. And I came across a most interesting one today.

The track created by Damacha is entitled "nothing to write home about mane" and it's so random. The song opens up with a cacophony of beakers tapping, lighters flicking, slay bells jingling, typewriters typing and underwater bubbles in constant motion. It reminds me of the beat for "Doo Bop Shi Doo" in Tarzan created by Terk and Tantor, completely organic and made out of boredom and curiosity. The whimsical sounds grab the listener's complete attention. Once more elements are added is when "nothing to write home about mane" becomes infectious. There's lighthearted 808 style rolling hats, thumping drums and nostalgic 8-bit sounds that complement it all. It transports me into the world of Vanellope Von Schweetz, sounding so gumdroppy and imaginative that it creates its own world in the process.

I really like this beat. I like how subjective it is and how it makes its mark in a little over a minute. The song definitely has me very excited to go back and listen to Damacha's older songs as I wonder what's next to come.

Listen to "nothing to write home about mane" below.

Lead Photo Cred: smartshanghai.com
      

Comments