Joey Purp Goes for the Kill Shot on His New Song "Run It Up"



Joey Purp has been relentless on the music font. The other half of the duo Leather Corduroys is just coming off his banger "Morgan Freeman", and now Joey has come for more blood tonight with his self-assured track "Run It Up".

This track, just as "Morgan Freeman" was, is a banger but in a more reserved way. "Run It Up" starts out with some adrenalized synths before adding in purpose-filled kicks that really demanded that I listen to what Joey Purp was saying. Once the heavy core drums were layered in the beat, the song immediately took on an authoritative tone that gave Purp's cutthroat verse a nice jubilant tone that fueled his entire lyrical downplay of other artists. It's a dope song. I picked up a vibe of Drake's "Back to Back" in terms of flow (and a little bit with the kicks) but not so much that it took away from what Joey Purp does on this song. "Run It Up" is completely his own and is another strong release that I immediately added to my playlist on SoundCloud. I don't know what's next to come from the Chicago artist, all I know is I'm excited to hear it.

Listen to "Run It Up" below.

Lead Photo Cred: complex.com
    

Comments