G Herbo Kicks One of the Best Freestyles on Sway in the Morning

 

G Herbo dropped by Sway in the Morning sometime earlier this week while on his press run and he kicked a pretty dope freestyle for Sway and company. Video of it surfaced today and the two minute plus freestyle is one of the better one's I've heard on Sway in the Morning in a long time. The Chicago native hopped right in on the beat from Mobb Deep's "Survival of the Fittest" and went organically off top. I can tell because his bars were very sporadic. It wasn't some smooth pre-written 16 that most artists come with up at Sway in the Morning - he had times of hesitation and of completely losing it moments to ones of cleanly flowing and dropping some gems. It was as real as a freestyle can get.

I personally loved how Herbo kept his bars true to his Drill nature. It flowed with the beat and had that nice 90's hip-hop vibe, but his subject matter is still some real stuff he'd actually say in a song. This was a real highlight for the young Chicago artist. I slept on Herbo's music for a while but since "BLIK" I realize pretty much everything he drops bangs and this is no exception. I'm becoming a bigger fan of his more and more everyday. I can't wait to see what's next.

Check out the freestyle below.

Lead Photo Cred: bandsintown.com

     

Comments