A Tribe Called Quest Completely Kills The Tonight Show Stage



In honor of the 25th anniversary edition of their classic debut album "People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm" dropping yesterday, A Tribe Called Quest rocked the stage on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, performing for the first time on television in over fifteen years.

The legendary group swarmed the Tonight Show stage with a heartwarming performance of "Can I Kick It?" backed by the legendary Roots crew with (of course) Ali Shaheed providing the instrumentals (which is astonishing to witness alone). Right away Tribe has the entire crowd invested in the performance. Q-Tip brings the crowd to their feet and immediately connects with the call 'Can I Kick?' and response 'Yes I Can'! I got completely sucked into the energy of the performance and responded right along with the Tonight Show crowd. It's a real infectious song that doesn't lose any of those qualities in the performance. Even Tip and Phife Dawg's verses don't lose their groove, with Phife and Jarobi getting the crowd (and me) even more pumped towards the end of the performance. It was a moment of complete harmony between the performers and viewers. Phife, Q-Tip, Ali and Jarobi know how to move a crowd, word to KRS-One.

A Tribe Called Quest absolutely killed it tonight. I never thought I'd be able to write about A Tribe in real time and man, do I feel lucky right now. I can't wait to give "People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm" another play through, and run this performance back.

Check out the performance below.

Lead Photo Cred: genius.com

Video Cred: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show 
            
 

Comments