We Finally Have the Full Video for Travi$ Scott's "Antidote"



Ever since Travi$ Scott dropped the teaser video for "Antidote," the wait for the full video has felt more lengthy than normal. The teaser offered up some dope visuals with dark undertones. So I had to watch the video multiple times to truly distinguish what translated creatively, visually, and use the teaser for comparison.

The beginning of the video is pretty interesting. It starts out playing "3500" as T makes his way towards this carnival. "3500" abruptly ends and then it suddenly gets into the beat for "Antidote". That rough transition into "Antidote" gives that opening sequence a feeling of listening to the album on your phone. Sonically it sounds like the songs are in a shuffle rotation going from one track to the next and I think it's dope. The carnival setting that Travi$ is at acts as the night show. That thought didn't resonate with me until I really sat with it. The video uses the entire carnival idea to give a perfect visual explanation as to how anything can happen in Travis' world that is the rodeo, in this case, the carnival. All the carnies in the video help show how things gets darker, creepier, more drug and sex filled as the night slowly progresses. You get a true sense of the chaos within the song (T's verse especially) and the lifestyle that Scott lives. The visuals impressively make the song stronger and that's a great quality for a  video to have. Creatively, I like it. I thought the teaser was darker in tone and the full video is a bit lighter in that regard, but it doesn't skimp on how different and creepy it is. It stays true to Travi$ Scott and to "Rodeo" conceptually. I think it's a cool video and I like it. This video makes me excited to find out what song is getting visuals next and that evokes my excitement to go deeper in the life that is the rodeo.

Check out the video below.

Lead Photo Cred: illroots.com




(Video Cred: YouTube.com)


          

Comments