Artist/Song Appreciation - Tyler, The Creator x "2SEATER"





When I say no one makes music like Tyler, The Creator I mean it in every aspect of the word. It's not just in his production space, it's the totality of his songs as a whole. Specifically, I'm referring to one of my favorite songs from Cherry Bomb, 2SEATER ft. Aaron Shaw, Samantha Nelson and Austin Feinstein.

2SEATER is actually a song. There are four verses, a hook, of course a splendid bridge that makes love to your ears, two skits and an interlude. 2SEATER is a busy song, but it's a song to the purest form of the word. But outside of the song's structure, the music is what needs to be fully loved and appreciated. The world-expanding knock of the drums (cleverly sampled from Iron Butterfly's Get Out of My Life, Woman) on this song are lacing up the shoes for this wild adventure T's about to take us on. That chord progression is where the journey ascends on a flower-covered road. It's gorgeous. I thought it subtly introduced the love element that exists on 2SEATER so perfectly that everything else that exceeds it hits my ear as second nature as to how the progression sets the entire feeling and sound up. The buzzy synths added a dope organized chaos to the song. The smooth-talking saxophone is like its own serenade, T's airy string section during the bridge is my absolute favorite part and allows 2SEATER to sprout its own wings. I listen to it and see myself soaring above the clouds with this song, knowing when I land back down I'll still be living out my dreams, living with an internalized high because of the music. And that's all I'll ever need.

2SEATER is a force on its own and no words could ever do it justice. It's like the perfect comedic love song with nasty wordplay, fantastic production, lovely vocals from Samantha Nelson that makes this the mecca for beautiful music that jumps genres for almost seven minutes. This is music. It's not pigeon-held to one box or style -- it's a blend of things that equals what Cherry Bomb is and I love it. And I will always love it.

Appreciate 2SEATER below.

Photo Creds: hiphopdx.com/vogue.com

Video Creds: youtube.com/Video created by https://twitter.com/Kartunehustla

Comments