Grady's "Strawberries" Involves "The Midnight Gospel" & Pouring Rain

Help support this blog through Patreon! Become a Patron!

Grady Strawberries Involves The Midnight Gospel 

The resulting footprint of Grady's last project, "Motion," was one of forward movement that left behind flowers of gratitude in each step. The producer and artist's latest work, "Strawberries," is one of locked-in equanimity that allows multicolored world building.

My "Strawberries" listening party (max capacity of one) was a memorable way to experience music. I found myself plagued with my life's biggest questions at 6AM, talking out noisy thoughts and ideas in hopes of discovering a cure to my insomnia in the form of answers. The sounds of pouring rain meeting an uninhabited pool brought solace, but no solutions. I then, however, stepped further into comfort by exploring episodes of "The Midnight Gospel" to gain new perspectives and interpretations of life. Somewhere along the fractal consciousness of that show led me to intersperse Grady's "Strawberries" with everything happening around me -- the perfect storm of cosmic stasis.

 Atypical chords, maximum patience in chord progressions, more guitar/string work than we're accustomed to hearing in his music -- Grady's "Strawberries" was able to try something new from a comfortable center. The closing track, "How Things Are," sounds like one blend of a French accordion and Eastern string instruments seasoned over burly drums, bass and delicate chord brushes. The title song is what I imagine computer generated nature to sound like. Grady treats the record like building sound design -- horn accented chords, windborne synthesizers, and various sounds that favor Minecraft open the EP to diverted expectations and simplicity.

The "baby girl" artist anchors himself to the music, making home out of the colors it produces. And for me, it slowed my mind to be able to do the same out of the environment around me. My worries dissolved in the quicksand of "Mo Better Blues's" goopy drums, mellifluous harmonies and piano melodies. Grady's EP let me mindlessly enjoy doing nothing. And that felt pretty freeing all before 7AM.

Listen to "Strawberries" below.

Lead Photo Cred: spotify.com            

Comments