Soft Glas's Inconspicuous Track "Ignore Me" Could Not Be Disregarded

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b27344077730165de8a4b8c36928

The CD wallet of albums I was listening to at my discretion in the Summer of 2017 while traversing the boroughs of Manhattan and sometimes Brooklyn were the perfect soundtracks to the limitless fulfillment I felt the entire time -- "Ctrl," "Blonde," "Flower Boy," "4:44..." Life was all beer and skittles. But perhaps the album most tailored to my time there was Soft Glas's "Orange Earth." The title song slowed down the city for me. "Riverside" revealed cold colors more readily and "Woodside" offered the inverse. "Perks of Being a Sunflower" had me thinking of a certain ex of mine and reminiscing about my former romance set in the center of the universe -- New York. And once again, with the release of his latest project "Stunned," I find myself at the orchestration of his music, but with one song in particular.

Soft Glas's "Ignore Me" could not be ignored the instant I heard the opening string. The "Somewhere" artist's intro acoustic riff and western whistle melodies sound recorded near a countryside villa and set a buff colored texture to a song that faces countless changes throughout the progression of the composition. A light footprint leaving chord progression strings together two sections of widely divergent sounding drums -- one like a metronome squeak toy and distant steel forging percussion and the other rolling 808s. His featureless melodies do the most toward doing the least so they can in fact be largely forgotten to the production.

The bulk of the songwriting on "Ignore Me" seemingly reads rightly convoluted and desperate to hide away, especially in the verses. It all makes Soft Glas's euphony of string arrangements during the extended instrumental closing to this song a moment of accession for me. If "Stunned's" cover is to be interpreted as a plane, and thus a person's ascension courtesy of life's experiences, than "Ignore Me" is the fasten seat belt sign never illuminating because you trust the flight. You trust that the miles traveled will result in your desired destination despite being ignored. And who is ignoring that?

Listen to "Ignore Me" & "Stunned" in full below.

Lead Photo Cred: spotify.com

                   

Comments