Carter Ace Returns In Sublime Manner w/ "I Think I'm Normal" (Prod. by Isom Innis)

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DotxPeNUcAERUN7.jpg

Los Angeles-based music act Carter Ace has been absent from the scene for 8 months, leaving behind the stunning "Who Gotchu Hurtin" to tie us over until new music drops. And that day finally came with the arrival of the super cut, "I Think I'm Normal."

The Isom Innis-produced song gives a callback to an era of dominating grooves with an updated approach to a pop-funk sound. Exotic drums and grimacing hi-hat bucks itself up as the thickest layer of the line rhythm. The schlepping bass line becomes the deciding identity of the production, providing proof towards Carter Ace's normalizing of individualism and unpopular decisions. Ornate guitar chords blanketing the counter melody play as this repeating 'OK' for the way you're thinking. That counter melody, mirrored by his doo-wop harmonizing, dances in his principal apathetic melody in the verses and atypical falsetto leading the chorus. Hooking vocals live on the track as the righteous outsider that follows him. Through questioning lyrics, he is never lost. 

"I Think I'm Normal's" music and vocal performance stack the rhythms, reaching a boiling point at the infusion of high frequency keyboards and tenderhearted chord progression that beat a sentiment familiar to Drake's "Look What You've Done." This song is loud in what it believes is best and will jack you up, ready or not, an expected trait from a Carter Ace song.

Watch "I Think I'm Normal" below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com

Video Cred: youtube.com
                 
 

Comments