Retreat Into Necklace's "All Day"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000300240465-eykxjm-t500x500.jpg

Kevin Abstract cantillated, "I want a shirt to make my body feel all sexy, I want a chain to make my body feel all hefty" on SATURATION III's RENTAL, and who knew I'd find a necklace, an artist named Necklace to be exact, to make a song feel like both.

Necklace's self-produced All Day is a heady daydream about the best parts of yourself, ready to be offered up to your crush so they can start living their best life. All Day retreats to its comfort zone immediately with a departing progression as the riff. The acoustic texture rubbed over the intro of the song presents a ballad nature to the track that ultimately holds up even when Necklace's dribble kicks and sprinkler 808s drop in the song. His production runs into itself which works with the self-talking way about his vocals.

Neck's vocals are overburdened and it boils up in his vibrato. His reclusive hook is where his vocals sound the most solitary with the most resentment toward that fact. Even his secretive melody keeps him stuck in his mind as the melody gets stuck in yours.

All Day is a shiny part of Necklace's musical, well, necklace. And I think y'all will be down to wear this one. All Day.

Listen to All Day below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
       
    

Comments