Become Part of the #OxyNation, Listen to "What's My Name" by OXYMORRONS

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000216408376-zmv7pq-t500x500.jpg

I can't believe I've almost gone the entire month of April without listening to Oxymorrons's April 7 release, What's My Name.

The rowdy effort by the Queens band, with an Obito "Tobi" Uchiha mask(s) influence and aesthetic to their logo, dropped a song using Sharingan through most of the duration to benefit their style of music.

What's My Name pulls from numerous places through these ears. Matty Mayz's drums make me think of a similar blowout the drums in The Meters' songs would have, only Matty's drums are increasingly atomic. The thrash approach to his set -- the precision cut ins from the cymbals, the self-destructing bass drum, gut punches from his floor and rack toms are seeds of this trashcan garage rock sound. Mr. November's guitar riff amplifies like a continuous current, sounding like a string of electricity. Demi and Kami's verses have a Run The Jewels dynamic in the rapping. The verses have a cadence of vexation and a flow typically closer in tempo to the electric guitar, but propped by the drums. I love the balance of rock and rap here. The references and punchlines throughout each verse hit right along with the music along with ad-libbed woo's reminiscent of Piano Riff, Woo from Family Guy, an obvious exaggerated reference to the staples in Little Richard songs.

What's My Name is rock right down to its core, but the rap gives everything a greater level of anarchy and remembrance. This song kicks ass and I'm excited for y'all to hear it. Many should get a kick out of this one.

Listen to What's My Name below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
            

Comments