Song of the Week: Yellow Days - "Your Hand Holding Mine"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000187749399-kcuc8c-t500x500.jpg

The last Song of the Week needed a chance to breath, and its successor had to be the right song. A song I believe I've found for y'all.

If Joshua Tree had a lonely rustic tavern posted somewhere in its vastness, and in the near abandoned place of gathering was a lost love that you knew you couldn't be without -- George Van De Broek's (a.k.a Yellow Days) Your Hand Holding Mine would score all emotions felt in the act of letting someone go.

Your Hand Holding Mine is a gorgeous song. Yellow Days' voice projects with a weathered riding the rails soul. The stem of his voice is almost cliched because he truly sounds like he's putting his heart into his voice. But his sound alone makes an imprint. His bluesy vibrato guitar chords have an echoing sound. The chords ripple cold colors throughout the track. The muttering bassline's sound has a slow inline bop. I like to interpret it as blues influence meeting up with indie rock.

I'm currently loving every part of this. I can hear this song being featured in an Apple commercial, particularly his first verse. There's so many ways Your Hand Holding Mine can breath. My hope is that all who listen will hear the many other exhales that take place. Because this won't be the last any of us hear from Yellow Days.

I guarantee that.

Listen to Your Hand Holding Mine below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
       

Comments