Charlie Burg - "Live in Peter's Attic" is Sonic Love of the Everyday Person

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000199465833-3a1dd1-t500x500.jpg

Music will forever spark my world. I get excited about music I find seriously good. Charlie Burg's four-track EP Live in Peter's Attic excites me. And I want to show you all, well, tell you all about it.

Live in Peter's Attic sunk its indie rock, Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtrack reminding hooks into me right from the introductory song Instead Of My Room. The entire EP's sound projects like a live rehearsal show. The live instrumentation on Instead Of My Room reminds me of Superman by Goldfinger. The drums have a sunshine popcorn sound. There is a bounce in the drums. The percussion, his cymbols want you to smile. The sound is sprite and jittery. Charlie Burg's melodies are happy. And his lyrics speak to an everyday love. He just wants to "see the next Star Wars with you."

Episode III is a complete switch up. I'm in love with this song, honestly. The rock is naturally there, but I hear a bit of R&B in this song. The lovely progressions on this track take me through these high up pits of love. Charlie's vocals are comforting, hitting the ear more romantically toned. The drums are louder, they're more demanding of the room. And the kick-ass guitar solo is a serenade in its own right. Those chords, the slides -- definitely music out to impress the girl.

Live in Peter's Attic third track, I Don't Wanna Be Okay Without You, not only sounds like the moment when you get the final dance with the girl, but it feels like it. Burg's shy chord progression that kicks off the song brings strong feelings of two repelling people on opposite sides of the room. The simple bass drum, hi-hat and sharp snare beat is a complete innocence. So is the addition of the acoustic guitar. His strums sonically nudge these two closer together. It's Charlie Burg's triumphed tones in his howls, the softness of his voice that finally reveals the dance. I Don't Wanna Be Okay Without You's tempo is at a leisure walk. Every lyric is clear and given a chance to be heard. These lyrics are unsure of a romantic future, yet committed and sprung. I again hear the everyday person's love story in the music. The sounds are warming. And it's merely the penultimate song.

The final song, Letter From Last Summer breaths like a score to an Indie film's credits. LFLS musically touches like a bottling up and shipping out of emotions and thoughts. It's a simple formula -- a guy and his guitar. Charlie's recollecting chords sound as if they're prepping to let go. The vocals do the exact same. His voice packs up a done romance with love still there. I thought it to be a saccharine ending. In a sense, the music played like its own film.

I couldn't simply treat Live in Peter's Attic as musical information I needed to get out, as I intended. All four tracks depicted a scene created through music. It was inevitable I would pen in depth how I heard and saw it. I only hope all who listen get to view a film of their own.

Listen to Live in Peter's Attic in full below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
                    
      

Comments