Kintaro - "IMH..." Should Be Your Sonic Vibe This Weekend

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000192775542-rnx5h2-t500x500.jpg

Kintaro is never lacking in new music. There's always something fresh on his soundcloud, and his newest cut IMH...is by far my favorite yet.

IMH... (I Miss Her) opens with dark swampy synth chords. The particular croak of their sound reminds me of the continual buzz in Dead Prez's classic joint Hip Hop. Kintaro undercuts that dark sound with surprised glittery chords. His 80's high-fiving drum pads and pricking 808 percussion have a stingy sound. The tempo blends with all other beat components. It makes this swirling groggy state of hurt that doesn't lift until the thought of even missing "her," or hearing those lighter toned chords come through.

Kintaro's vocals are straight forward. I visualize him singing this right on a table pouring this out. In my opinion, he sounds hurt with a dose of "It'll be alright" in his voice. I get into some of his melodies quite easily. I especially like the vibrato on his line "play no games" at the end of his last verse. However, it's truly IMH's outro that gets me worked up as a fan. Kintaro's finalizing chord progression is beautiful. The dusting chords are played in a tender float. From chord to chord there's the softest of landings at the end of it all. The chipmunk pitched vocals contribute to this as well. IMH ends in such peace. IMH... is damn relaxing. I dig this track a lot. And it should be your sonic vibe this weekend.

Listen to IMH...below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

Video Cred: youtube.com
       

Comments