Fresh Cuts: UG Vavy - "Back To Ballin'"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000186968398-3o4du4-t500x500.jpg

UG Vavy's latest cut Back To Ballin' plays right into this October hype. The self-produced track big-ups UG and his entire wave in a musical flaunt that I got into.

Back To Ballin' opens up with a kind of spooky sound. UG Vavy's low string plucks have a wobbly chord sound. The confetti-raining chord progression dusts the track of sorts, with the keys having a beady shaker sound. And the high frequency, high pitched squeaks underneath it all gave me a lot of intrigue to start a track that I know will be a banger. The voice introducing him reminds me of a similar vein as the intro voice on J. Cole's Head Bussa that says "I got you baby." Then it's off from there.

UG Vavy brings in his braggy hook, along with stingy flicked kicks and a clothed bass tacked onto the existing music. Back To Ballin' really gets its attitude and jugg. The hook and beat is catchy. The verses fall into the same pool as well. UG Vavy's flexin' in his verses. His raps take small advantage of the whole melody rap here and it works through my ears. I'm particular with songs designed for slap only, but UG's are cold. Back To Ballin' in my opinion does it through the beat mostly. I dig it. And I believe y'all will too.

Listen to Back To Ballin' below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
     
    

Comments