Derin Falana Breaks Hiatus w/ Fire Cut - "What I Know"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000190724764-1p5i4k-t500x500.jpg

I don't really know what you know, but what I know is sh*t really has picked up for Derin Falana.

The Brampton artist is a definite problem. On top of his music slapping, his new song What I Know was featured in OWN TV's Greenleaf. So a huge congratulations is in order for that. But like his new track states, "you guys shoulda known."

The Lucidox-produced track is a headphone rocker. The beat attacks any previous repose in Derin Falana's attitude, music and grind. Lucidox's looming two tone rings inject fear into the track. Those denting drums have a grip of punch. The pop in the sound with simultaneous grainy cymbol hits underneath leaves a no-play feeling in the music. Lucidox's quaking bass wants to sonically turn things to rubble. This is definitely one of Falana's most aggressive cuts. And I'm all for it as a fan.

Derin Falana does some work in his verses and hook. He's coming with raps on What I Know. The hook leading the charge of the song has a mocking melody to it. The slurry way he sings is something Falana does that I love. The sound of it, I imagine, really makes those who slept feel like they wet the bed, so to speak. I agree with this. The verse, to no surprise, is back to putting the grind on a pedestal. He's lyrically telling "them" they can't stack up with his music, his work ethic. Derin's line in the second verse, "I am a vertex in this city/You are all adjacent" sums it all up on top of being the coldest line in the song.

What I Know is another Derin Falana joint that tests how hard I work. The music shows how hard he works. The music is damn good. Derin Falana is among my pocket of artists I'd actually see live. So hopefully y'all will catch wind of that idea playing out with this one.

Listen to What I Know below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
              

Comments