You Gotta Hear Brent Faiyaz -"No One Knows" & His EP "A.M. Paradox"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000183269129-qjzvw5-t500x500.jpg

Is it possible that Brent Faiyaz's No One Knows succeeded in restoring a lot of my attention back toward R&B? It could very well be.

Straight up, Brent Faiyaz sounds like he could belong in 112. He sings with that same vibrato and in similar pitch and key when played off ear. The way he makes it his own style on this joint is how his harmonizing and the beat's synth adopts that Afro-Beat music rhythm. I really like it. Brent Faiyaz sounds very good over the Paperboy Fabe & Sonder production. There's this 90's throwback feeling of love in the music. The beat is pulsating and electric. Their 808-living percussion ticks has a fun swing to it. No One Knows is a clear stomping ground for dancing. I can hear this track in so many different settings. I don't know if it's a conscious thing to bring this sound back, but I think he's heading there. And the best part is I only get 112 vibes from this track. The remaining four songs on his EP A.M. Paradox are something different. This was just my standout song and the best way to introduce the project.

So give No One Knows a listen below. And sit with the entire A.M. Paradox EP while you're at it. You're sure to find something you like. I guarantee it.

Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
       

Comments