Sampha - "Blood On Me" is Here And is a Must Hear For Everybody

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i.scdn.co/image/8834ac4ea759929a5cb9c80505a30672cce0daaa

Sampha is one of the most unique talents making music today. The very moment I heard Indecision, my first Sampha song experience, I was hooked on the music. His voice has a intriguing echoing pant quality that sounds strange in words, but very delicate and beautiful in sound. Basically it's a tag to his identity as an artist. And I feel that identity is the most bold on his new cut Blood On Me.

The song written and produced by Sampha, plays like an adrenaline boosted chase through these headphones of mine. The tempo the track rocks at is the real driving force behind the chase. The drums, the cowbell knock, the percussion ticks and whisks all hit in a Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer pattern, but the punch and pull of the drums remind me of the ones in Jay Z's Nickels And Dimes. The drums don't spark familiarity in sound, they are completely different. The bounce I adopt is what is familiar. The excitement from the drums is shared and makes me rock with the song even harder. I'm deeply invested in this song at this point in the production. The piano keys is what peeks Blood On Me over the mountain top.

Sampha and a piano/keyboard marry perfectly. The notes from the piano keys rotate in a cage of uncertainty through Blood On Me. Sampha's bridge of "Ayy, Oh I am, ayy, oh I am" cause a mass confusion in the music and makes me feel lost in this scene being created. It's what Sampha sings in the chorus and throughout his verses that makes Blood On Me sound and feel like some sort of struggle. The chorus "I swear they smell the blood on me/ I hear them coming for me" offers an instantaneous look into the chase scene. It also acts as a double entendre in my musical heart of hearts. Sampha is working on being a musical giant, and with that comes the competition trying to dead him off. In my opinion it adds some fight to the fabric of Blood On Me. I love it. I love it all, the music and the vocals.

Sampha's Blood On Me is a very good song. I was an instant fan of this guy when I first heard him and my fandom grows more and more with each drop. This cut is something that needs to be checked out by all. There's a lot of passion and groove in the song so gear up. Because there's no going back.

Listen to Blood On Me below.

Lead Photo Cred: spotify.com

Video Cred: youtube.com                   

Comments