Listen to This Heat: Nell - "Redemption" feat. Denzel Curry

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000182113275-xez09k-t500x500.jpg

With his new release Redemption, Nell brings with him a feature from Denzel Curry and a final product that I personally call a sonic raid.

Nell's Redemption sounds forceful and offers the listener so much to strive for. Redemption kicks off with the tension of a thunderous battle taking place. The sound of ruthless Biwa-natured strings with a pit echo applied to a clash noise behind it is a real adrenaline grabber. It pumps severity into Redemption's animated multi-punch drums. It is a sound with a lot of focus at its nucleus, especially when the standout electric/static chord progression hums open this cloud during Nell's hook. The sound is beautiful. FNZ's production (and additional production from Rex Rogers) hooked me immediately to the track. Nell and Denzel Curry simply finalize the deal.

Nell's verse hits me with a narcotic flow, yet offering nothing but determination and story in the bars. He kicks off his verse running Redemption through his life at 15. I hear all the mistakes he spits. I hear about choosing the wrong path. But the gleam and hopefulness in his cadence couldn't be ignored. The quick direction switch of the song where Nell pounds in the idea "we can take over the world" made me feel mad important to this generation. I felt I could do anything. Something Denzel Curry manifests into reality on his verse.

By far the coldest line in this song comes from Denzel: "Even when I die I live eternally, life of a true revolutionary." Denzel Curry obviously flows crazy, but his lyrics have a sticking affect for me. In his verse I dig the role he wants to take as this larger than life artist repping for us, the youth. It snaps. Redemption is a raw ass track. Songs that can bang and reach substance lyrically as well as tweak the scales of skill is a dope song in my book.

So y'all already know I highly advise giving Nell's new joint a listen.

Listen to Redemption below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
                

Comments