SuperDuperBrick Brings His New Sonic Playground - "World 8"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000177549659-upbqnb-t500x500.jpg

SuperBrick with the producer headband on is my favorite Brick. His instrumentals are haphazard and fun. The music makes it uncomplicated to let go, to do the weird thing at that moment. His beats reflect him, with the same sentiment adopted yet again through his new cut World 8.

With World 8, through its sonics, through its cartoonish punch drum kit, random game noises tweaked in and soundbites, I find myself rolling through the motions of what I call the "Wreck-It-Ralph" effect. I'm dropped in the middle of a video game navigating my way around. Brick's mini chord progression (that later jumps and skids) yawns while sporadic hints of his crash cymbol kits hit, wavering from left to right in headphones. The claps, as they tend to do, smack and work up a natural bop in the track. And all the while this odd burp chirp flutters underneath it all, balancing out the eerie from the Theremin-like frequencies creeping around World 8.

SuperBrick makes this song feel like a side-scrolling game. The various sounds dropping in right after the other as the song progresses hit like cool obstacles. World 8 is a fun beat to kick it to. I found it added some bounce to my spirits. I hope it does the same for y'all.

Listen to World 8 below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
     

Comments