New Sounds: Bishop Nehru - "Fade" (Prod. by Grimm Doza)

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000178861317-1qj0hx-t500x500.jpg

The lack of exposure (from other music writers) on Bishop Nehru's newest cut Fade in the past 24-hours is surprising to me. Maybe I haven't been keeping my ear to the ground as keenly as I should to peep what others are doing, but the movements of others have never really been my concern. My concentration is always pointed towards the music. Something Bishop Nehru teaming with Grimm Doza on the production has completely done.

I'm a fan of Bishop's new joint, Fade. There are many cool things to absorb in this song. The beat end of the track (handled by Grimm Doza) has my musical connection section of my brain flaring up. The particular crunchy sound of his drum in the particular pocket it sits in plants familiar seeds of a similar cool that the small drum pocket in Battlecry (Samurai Champloo opening) gave me, which of course means we're talking about the legend Nujabes here so take that cool and multiply it by 1000. But that's besides the point. Grimm Doza's beat brings a chilling eerie to Fade. Nothing purposely sits right in the beat, making what Bishop Nehru does bring it all full-circle.

The man of the hour, Bishop Nehru, spits about the stuff that doesn't sit well with him. I think Nehru takes what the beat creates and holds to release a certain truth and perspective. The extremely chill flow with a stern cadence expresses a Bishop looking for the right stuff, finding the right waves and lifestyle rules to become more centered. He is on a search for serenity through what's real because all the fake stuff -- like fake love and fake people -- will all fade away. The hook truly says it all. So do his verses. I heard many lines about concerns on the mental due to life experiences and of carving his career path, adding to his inability to fizz out. It was cool. Fade made me think about legacy in a large bubble and what it really means. A Bishop Nehru track easily gets me thinking. This one is no exception.

I can't wait to hear what's next. Bishy Bish can get very versatile loose track to loose track, so my advice is to just be on your toes and above all, be open.

Listen to Fade below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
           
  

Comments