Get Familiar With Bon Iver - "10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ - Extended Version"

Follow me on Twitter: @ArmandTSparks

https://i.scdn.co/image/29d3ad19556c6a8396197af38b4d97fae5ee5e3c

As Bon Iver's album 22, A Million approaches, we have been given two outstanding singles for the moment, hailing from what I'm certain is to be a fantastic album if there's any indication. Because like 22 (Over S∞∞N,) 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ - Extended Version is a piece of an enigma I can't wait to crack.

10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ is one of the strangest songs I've ever heard. More often than not I didn't know what I was hearing, what was being said or how it would hit me. But I loved it. The music may not have been intended to sound tragic or feel cloaked with frantic emotion, but that's how I hear it. The production's immediate march of distorted mallet-stricken drums is an overwhelming sound. The overbarring pounding falls like a inescapable mosh pit. The synths fart and rumble the track to a point where it becomes a sensation and doubles as the bass. The music is entirely contorted to no longer fit and it's awesome. Justin Vernon and April Base (Vernon's studio) produced a beast. Sad Sax of Shit's sax section raises the stakes to dire proportions, while putting a fuse on the little time I have. I oddly feel boxed off from the love of my life. At multiple moments I'm put in a void the digitizes beeps loop me through that I've never experienced before, which is something I feel can only come through a Bon Iver song.

The very summit of 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ has to be the vocal performance. Justin Vernon can stretch his voice in many cool ways to get out precisely what he needs. The confined lyrics ran through once are what make me sad. The use of auto-tune ushers in this selfishness and loss to fight. It's a real space that through things like Rob Moose's great arrangements becomes necessary emotions. I couldn't have asked for a greater song to enjoy, write about and warm me up for 22, A Million. Bon Iver has killed it yet again. All I can say is I can wait.

Listen to 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ - Extended Version below.

Lead Photo Cred: spotify.com

Video Cred: youtube.com
                       

Comments