Stefan Ponce, Anthony White & Loona Dae Soar High on "Fly Away"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000169747429-na5f31-t500x500.jpg

Stefan Ponce's latest one minute spanning track, Fly Away (ft. Anthony White & Loona Dae,) manages to do a whole lot with the small frame it's given. In short, I think the song has an amazing capacity musically and emotionally. And I believe it further legitimizes Stefan Ponce's footing in the major producer lane.

Ponce's Fly Away has an undeniable power to soar. The production makes sure this happens with an optimistic reverberation from a chord progression willing to have powerful conversation. A gorgeous improvisation exists between the chords that I feel give the song a light-speed energy that sits elevated in my stomach. Stefan Ponce sparingly uses a misty brass cymbal to a punchy bass drum relationship that exposes how the heart of Fly Away pumps, while his final component of high frequency noises mimic whistles infused with the right amount of impossibility to make this thing feel that much more special. It is, however, the duet from Anthony White and Loona Dae that truly sends Fly Away skyrocketing.

Anthony White and Loona Dae sound so beautiful. Their voices live in a pitch that makes the singing truly sound as one when they want it to. As I was listening to them sing, hearing Anthony White's moments of solo harmonizing really rushes in this inspirational feeling and ability to want to reach for something bigger than myself. The vocal performance from White and Dae hit me with an effortless power that I loved. And it's a feeling I won't soon forget.

Stefan Ponce's Fly Away, especially in the final sequence of the song, looks to your dreams. I feel the song wants that out of its listeners. It may be different for y'all, but that's how the music hit me. This is some good stuff I'm thankful for. Fly Away is on a definite loop.

Listen to Fly Away below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
             

Comments