S'natra Links w/ Ivan Jackson of Brasstracks for Glammed Cut - "Number One"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000168498662-h3vy3k-t500x500.jpg

S'natra and Ivan Jackson (of Brasstracks) cooked up a cool star-studded song entitled Number One that rightfully rolls through the life journey of S'natra to present to us the artist we see today, willing to put in the work to be number one. And I enjoy it a ton.

Ivan Jackson threw in the energy of a flashy Hollywood lifestyle and bright lights right into this beat. I felt wrapped up in a life of glitz and glam while listening to it. Ivan's chords partake in a rich dance. His string playing off ear, the high E or B strings in sound wind down a good night with the bends and frequent finger movement from fret to fret. Ivan Jackson's claps and kicks are sharp, their pierce kept me on high alert for S'natra's determined verse.

S'natra's verses in their entirety represent that classic rap direction that I'm always up for hearing. He spits about his dreams, rips through his upbringing, where he wants to go and his hopes of where this music thing will take him. It had a certain awe to it that made me look to my own dreams more heavily than I already do. S'natra's lyrics play up the imagery in his life and pays homage to the likes of the GOAT Nas and hip-hop in its totality, completely driven by his glimpses of mirroring the retired flow of late 90's-early 00's will.i.am of Black Eyed Peas fame. It's pretty cold. The technicalities of Number One, the hip-hop appreciation in the song is something I, and other hip-hop lovers will get a kick out of. So I hope you do. Be sure to look out for any future S'natra releases.

Listen to Number One below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
                   

Comments