TWO FRESH's "TWOsDay IV (Blessings Edit)" Gives Chance The Rapper's "Blessings (Reprise)" Different Legs

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000166394954-08479b-t500x500.jpg

I've been waiting to write about producer duo TWO FRESH. I've been a fan for a minute, but I could never find the words to fully express how I was feeling and what I was thinking about their music -- until now.

TWO FRESH's TWOsDay IV (Blessings Edit) makes me see an already powerful song in such a divergent light that I didn't even think about it being able to live in. First things first, TWO FRESH sampling the outro on Blessings (Reprise) and turning up the pitch to chipmunk levels simply ramps up how catchy the entire outro is. I can't get TWOsDayIV out of my head, and I mean that in the best way possible. Second, the initial power/force of togetherness I heard/felt in Chance's original isn't lacking here either. I believe it's still proud and present with newfound legs for a DJ's set. The vocals here already have a way of sounding like someone's scratching. TWO FRESH's low rider cruising synths are bouncy with a sound that is elastic with quick snaps back into shape. Their condense drums, vapor to water drops crashing cymbols and harmonious claps in sound create a luminous atmosphere that bring together a whole new side of togetherness. The sound of the drums, claps, cymbols and high pitched vocals all sing their tunes in a dope individualistic way.

TWO FRESH got pretty artsy fartsy with this joint. I enjoyed it tremendously. This Blessings Edit is good music that I hope to see on a bigger stage someday. In fact, I'm sure I will.

Listen to TWOsDay IV (Blessings Edit) below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
        

Comments