IT'S HERE! Stream theMIND's Long-Awaited Project "Summer Camp"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000169448498-xxvwy6-t500x500.jpg

The wait for theMIND's project Summer Camp has been an awfully painful one. I've anticipated it for a while, but IT'S FINALLY OVER! Summer Camp is here and I'm listening to it as we speak.

With that being said, I don't have much to say on it. As I write, I take this 11-track musical journey through theMIND's thoughts, sound and direction right along with you; hypothesizing, I gather there will be bubbly upbeat sounding vocals that get into love, deeply paced digitized vocals exploring existential perspectives in the space we're living in and internal looks at emotions and formulas that make people tick. And I can't wait to find out if I'm right or wrong. I'm expecting the unexpected and quite hopeful that I get it. One thing is certain, though -- the production will be eccentric and top notch. Naturally all weight of production is handled by THEMpeople on Summer Camp, but there's additional production from Beatmachinearon, multi-instrumentalist Carter Lang and the growingly ubiquitous Knox Fortune that makes it interesting trying to conjure up if the chemistry and sound will be good or great. There are also features from a few of the most original, most talented artists out today like Donnie Trumpet, Towkio, Sean Deaux, Noname and a few others that I'll let y'all discover organically.

Summer Camp on paper is already an intriguing listen. I'm a big theMIND fan. For me it's been that way since hearing his hauntingly beautiful feature on the introductory track Shipwrecked and conceptually fruitful banger Dehydration on Mick Jenkins' classic tape The Water[s]. So Summer Camp is a big deal over here. I'm excited for y'all to listen. I hope you all sit with the music and enjoy.

Listen to Summer Camp in full below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

               

Comments