Samaria & Kehlani Team-Up on Fiery Track "Love Me Crazy" (Prod. by DTB)

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000163108122-9zzl6m-t500x500.jpg

I gotta open this blog post straight up by saying that I am crazy in love with what Samaria and Kehlani have going on with their DTB-produced love-thriller joint, Love Me Crazy.

The track feels murky, a bit lethal with high levels of allure. That beat that DTB-produced creates the right atmosphere with the opening notes from his daunting keys, haunting synths and weird droopy manipulated drum. I immediately feared for anyone standing in these women's way. Then the beat drops -- DTB's synths rush in with a wavier buzzy sound. His ploppy drums gain their own choreography. The self-duplicating 808's have an angry sound to them when rolling and a patience running thin feeling when it's a single tick, giving Love Me Crazy's music its own emotional pattern that sets everything off for Samaria and Kehlani to runaway with it.

Samaria's vocals are the highlight for me. Right away, on top of sounding good, what is felt are feelings of hurt, feelings of wanting to be left alone but wanting to be in love all at the same time. With all of those opposing emotions behind her voice, Love Me Crazy felt suspenseful to me. I didn't know what she wanted, what she was going to say or feel next. It was dope. It makes you wonder where Kehlani is gonna take that and if she is going to grab and use what Samaria just put into the song. I think Kehlani adds her own stylized fuel to the fire. The hook and Kehlani's verse sounds completely fed up with thinking, living, or wanting anything from the past. I picked up on the vibe of Samaria and Kehlani shedding their former selves. Love Me Crazy has a fiery sound in the music and lovely vocals. I believe within this fire are those two gorgeous women you see on the track's cover art. There's strength and confidence in the track. These two know what they want and I mess with the song. I know y'all will too.

Listen to Love Me Crazy below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
           

Comments