NEW MUSIC: Skizzy Mars - "Alcoholics (Fareoh Remix)"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000162557500-klmfxo-t500x500.jpg

Fareoh's remix of Skizzy Mars' Alcoholics is a direct example of love at first sight. Well, in this case, love at first listen.

In my opinion, Fareoh made Alcoholics feel like a gut-wrenching leap of faith when cliff diving. This remix fueled high excitement. Fareoh ironically builds up anticipation with such a welcoming quaint sound. His beautifully paced guitar riff, relaxing tambourine/single poppy bongo hits create the state of mind before a leap right up to his hyped claps and an everlasting starry chord progression that walk the remix to the edge. The momentary pause in the beat that catches the end of Skizzy Mars' hook is the jump. And those drums are the splash. Fareoh's drums are so stylish; they sound like a xylophone, a bubble bursting at the same time. Something about the sound with the floor slapping bass makes me think of paint bouncing on a surface. There's a colorful energetic snap to it. Along with the sliding 808s underneath it all, Fareoh's Alcoholics remix gains the feeling of invincibility we all feel around summer. I felt that way from the get-go. This remix gained that ability to make me smile and felt like a montage of unforgettable times in my life.

This is such a great remix. Fareoh made it all his own. The music is vibrant and still kept that youthful atmosphere from Skizzy's original cut. Fareoh added stronger festival legs to Alcoholics. And now I have no clue which version I like better -- they're both killer. I'm solely happy I got to revisit a song I really enjoyed in a new space. So I thank both Fareoh and Skizzy Mars. We need more remixes like this.

Listen to Skizzy Mars - Alcoholics (Fareoh Remix) below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

         

Comments