Appreciating " Views' " - "Summers Over Interlude"





Drake's Views amounted to what I thought It'd be. It is a pretty solid album. But one track in particular is absolutely phenomenal, as far as I'm concerned. And I knew it would be amazing because these tracks are often killer on Drake LP's. Something about Drake's albums and interludes marry extraordinarily well. And his best interlude yet, Summers Over Interlude, is the be all and end all.

Summers Over Interlude deserves endless praise. The interlude (that sits as the 17th track on Views) is produced by Maneesh. I have no clue who he is, but Drake NEEDS to keep him around. The production on this interlude is mainly why I love it so much. The relationship between what sounds like a floortom, then at times a snare, the hi-hat and the kick drum is absolutely beautiful. Maneesh gave it all such a slow ride and a uniquely stylized pose. The drums alone make me picture a freeze fame image of a phantom driving, beginning to enter the 6. He brings the seasonal change of the album to life. Maneesh's gentle chords bring that certain wind down feeling through a slow rock and roll sound. I love it. It truly sounds like a bittersweet ending of something. But Majid Al Masakati's vocals is what takes us home.

The vocal half of Majid Jordan killed this interlude. I thought his vocals took on a Smokey Robinson & The Miracles space in sound. It was gorgeous, high in pitch and brought a rhythm and groove. It's what Majid Al Maskati says that binds everything together. The fade out on the vocals and beat was beautifully done. It built my excitement for what's next to come on the album and from Drake - my absolute favorite Views moment. I haven't been able to stop listening to it and have to thank Maneesh and Majid for this. It's one of the smoothest joints I've heard in a long time.

Listen to Summers Over Interlude (snippet) below & Purchase Views here.

Photo Creds: twitter.com

            

Comments