Nobodies x Joule$ EP "Mouth Of The South" Embraces The Crazy & The Darkness

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000155816278-v7nvn7-t500x500.jpg

Nobodies x Joule$ brand new EP Mouth Of The South (prod. by Jahrahmf  featuring ArtGodSavii & Fukkit) was nothing short of what I expect from a Nobodies effort. And the addition of Joule$ (who I'm new to) set the bar higher as far as Nobodies tracks go.

At just three songs -- each under three minutes, it took me no time at all to sit with all three tracks. I ran the music back and forth and my thoughts around Mouth Of The South came into fruition through what the music sounded like and how it made me feel. And it's some of the coldest thoughts I've had circulating Nobodies music. From the jump with their joint I See My Prey, I listened to the entire EP like it had two roles -- MTFR's verses and Jah's production took on the mind of a psychopath, while Joule$ verses and their features acted as the irrational actions of said psychopath. I See My Prey does that very well with the juggling chain-link moments of 808s, Jah's drums that more so take on the sound of the leftover rumble from a nasty bass blasting through a subwoofer and possessed dreary ding that haunts the track. It makes MTFR's verse easy to draw in this dope untamable hunger while Joule$ is the one chopping the bodies, preparing the plates with his verse. I thought it set up the rest of the songs nicely to keep bringing the thriller that's undeniably there.

The second track, Rick Sanchez, embraces that South in the title. Jahrah's drums have that certain dirt in the knock that only belongs in a car. The beat brings that aggression as Matt spits with crazy focus towards the grind, but balances it out with some boastful moments. I thought Joule$ and ArtGodSavii sounded like they both would have blended on an early 2000's Mannie fresh x Lil Wayne song so well that it brought that infectious bounce to the track. I felt that dirty south influence in the flows and in the beat, so Rick Sanchez became a song all about feeling the music and I loved that. Rick Sanchez is definitely my favorite song off the EP. But What You Thought (ft. Fukkit) is something crazy as well.

The final song, What You Thought, is the most twisted song on Mouth Of The South. The opening noise on this song is crazy. Roared loudly by Cerberus, it registers as demonic. It is a blaring noise that brings this inevitable fear to the track. And it's not made better by those exploding 8-bit rocket sounds, Jahrahmf's pouncing drums, clawing 808s and other various sound effects. The sounds are very chaotic, but it works, due to Fukkit and MTFR's verses which are equally out of control. They're both flexing in a way to convey that neither are to be tested. What You Thought is a dope song that shows Nobodies' strengths to go dark with their music and I liked it a lot.

This Mouth Of The South EP is fast but there's a lot here to reckon with. I picked up on a lot and simply enjoyed the music which is the most important thing. I hope you all enjoy this body of work as much as I did, because Nobodies, Joule$, ArtGodSavii and Fukkit aren't artists to be slept on. And it's better to figure that out now than later.

Check out Mouth Of The South in full below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
                     

Comments