New Favorite: Tiron & Ayomari ft. D.R.U.G.S. & Thundercat - "If I Had You"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000041037148-avq9ql-t500x500.jpg

I'm positive Tiron & Ayomari's If I Had You ft. D.R.U.G.S. & Thundercat isn't new, but I just heard it today and this song reigns supreme. If I Had You is outstanding music that needs to be shared with as many people as possible. I haven't heard a song emit such high levels of artistry quite like this.

Every instrument involved in If I Had You adds its own spice to this pot of musical deliciousness. The hand drums (that bounced between sounding like congas or bongos) and the claps move my feet with no reservations. The airiness of the xylophone-esque keys keep the track sounding like a dream sequence. Thundercat (who's one of the nastiest bassists you'll hear) brings his inhuman breakneck playing that brings this Lou Rawls x Barry White deep rumble to If I Had You. It's gorgeous. The bass has all types of movement, the sheer sound embarks on its own journey to find the best dance partner. Thunder's bass sounds like improvisation through the energy, response and pattern of the other instruments and elements that have been introduced so far. It's unequivocally special in the musical space we live in. And that includes the verses. Tiron & Ayomari bring the same exuberance D.R.U.G.S. & Thundercat put into the production. They're seeking out a good time to show this girl a unique experience because she's never been with a man, someone like them. It's dope. Everything meshes perfectly and sets up a glorious horn section riff.

Whomever is responsible for this horn section, thank you. The trumpets explode with a full sense of pride. The way in which they are played have a lot of vibrancy and movement. The horns specifically reminded me of Afro-Cuban music. There's an excitement to the noise, it draws in people from all walks of life. I can feel a type of celebratory energy behind it, sounding like it was birthed from the fun of a Miami night. I loved every second of it. I loved each verse and getting wrapped up in the totality of the music. The closing chords of that guitar is the sweetest thing I've heard in a while. The sound makes me think of nothing but lavender butter. It's smooth and lovely. If I Had You is phenomenal music that I can't praise enough. Tiron x Ayomari, D.R.U.G.S. x Thundercat, never stop creating together. Y'all conjured up some magic and it would be a shame if we never heard what else came from such creative musical minds.

Listen to If I Had You below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
        

Comments