Jahrahmf's "Baal's Off" is a Zany Anthem for the Friendless

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000156328482-nu1hw6-t500x500.jpg

Listening to a song that makes you laugh is always great. Music can parallel so many feelings, and I find the best feeling to connect us with music is through the feeling that comes from our funny bone, the enjoyment we get from comedy. Luckily Jahrahmf's newest self-produced joint Baal's Off brings all of that to the table. The track doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Baal's Off made me laugh the first time I heard it, it's obvious that this track was made out of the pure fun of making music. Jah's flow hit my ears like a magician doing a bit of singing improvisation to explain his show. The context of his raps is the anthem for those among us without friends, but who couldn't care less that they have no friends. His beat keeps the entire atmosphere of the song light with the zany keys, jubilant 808s and hopscotch-moving kicks. It makes you feel happy that at least you've got yourself, and I liked it.

Baal's Off is a new direction in sound for Jahrahmf's production and raps, so I'm curious to hear what his forthcoming tape Vantablack will sound like. I feel certain it will be fun just like this one.

Listen to Baal's Off below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
            

Comments