New Sounds: "Touch Of You" - Melo-Zed

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000150886134-3zz6yp-t500x500.jpg

I've been waiting for a new Melo-Zed beat for a minute, and it's finally here. His new instrumental Touch Of You is so cool and satisfying I advise everyone to give it a listen at least once.

This instrumental lives in multiple spaces when I listen to it. Melo's synths are so exuberant; they're like a bungee cord with the way the sound constantly bounces throughout the track. The sound of the heartbeat brings a dope slice of vulnerability to the beat, saying everything sentimental that needs to be said. The keys I thought sounded purposefully lost. The bits and pieces of Zed's agitated, sometimes poetic guitar and lost in the fog vocals coasted to a space of relaxation. His drums, the various good tonal moments, the actual knocking and strangely enjoyable water noises felt like a musical plane where anything goes. It was refreshing. When I paid attention to the flow of all the sounds, Touch Of You was like floating in the ocean. Then the feeling morphed into the feeling of standing in the middle of the street at night as cars fly by, looking like complete wisps of light. It's a beat that truly lets you live in the moment, perhaps intentionally or inadvertently, in an artistic way. Either way, it's dope. I always pictured an image I couldn't get out of my head and I would construct a good oil painting. And when it comes down to it for me, if music translates flawlessly to other forms of art, it's unquestionably good. And Melo-Zed has that, warranting my curiosity even further to find out where Zed will be as a producer. I can't wait to find out.

Listen to Touch Of You below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
          

Comments