New Sounds: HXNS x R.O.M x Lege Kale - "Blues"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000149132188-9x3fky-t500x500.jpg

Everything about music fascinates me. I couldn't think of anything more grand in my life than having music. And I always appreciate when I can just linger on an instrumental -- being forever swarmed by the sounds and the feelings brought on by what I'm hearing. And I think I just heard my favorite instrumental thus far for the year.

This appreciable collective effort of an instrumental entitled Blues by HXNS x R.O.M x Lege Kale is more than a beat. This instrumental to me describes an evening of visiting an art museum, then absconding to dine at a classic French restaurant right after -- artsy and fun. The track's somber bluesy winter time keys prompt a long walk down a lavender road, evoking a feeling of  having extra time with the music. The exalted drums and the heavy kick are a fun time that holds you at the pinnacle of your night out. The vocals, the sample from the classic Drake joint, We'll Be Fine, the 808s grinding away that underscores it all, the sporadic digital noises, with the piercing addictive rhythm claps and electronic xylophone-esque section of the song make Blues sound like it's everlasting in the best way possible. The cacophony of sounds balance with the occasional light chord strums and jumpiness of the track so well. The hyperactivity of the music transferred right to me immediately. I couldn't listen to this instrumental without physically reacting in some way. And I loved every second of it.

HXNS x R.O.M x Lege Kale's ironically named track Blues is amazing in my opinion. The blues elements are definitely there, but this track also offers an exciting electronic shot of sounds with the right amount of chill that started its own party. Blues was nothing I was expecting. And that's the best kind of music.

Listen to Blues below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
           

Comments